Sunday, November 8, 2009

Okay- another quilt that actually is staying in my house because I made it for my fourth son Elijah. My oldest son wonders why he doesn't have a quilt but I am going backwards it seems. Of course quilting for boys is a challenge because there really isn't much out there for fabric choices. I did fall in love with this fun fabric by amy schimler. It was so bright and colorful but why is it that I figure out what I want when the fabric is never to be found- i collected it from all sorts of places and it is being used in 3 out my five sons quilts. you just can't mess with a good thing. this quilt was a little time consuming and i might never want to make a snowball block again. I just joined a virtual quilting bee and I was thinking that this quilt fits into the theme of the bee traditonal blocks with modern fabrics. I also tried my hand at organic line quilting- I really liked doing it and I think the quilt came out fabulous.
the back








No comments:

Post a Comment